1) Mini Golf- There are several mini golf places around the OBX, which is always a family fun thing to do. This is a very common thing for me and my family to do when we go to the beach.
2) Sailing- Sailing on the sound is a really cool thing to do while you are here. We saw a pod of dolphins just on arrival here and that was just awesome.
3) The Beach- There is the beach. The water can get cold here but in the summer, that is what you want.
4) Kitty Hawk- Kitty Hawk is where the Wright brothers tested their latest invention, commonly used today. You can track their adventure here with markers and a museum. It is very interesting.
5) The Lost Colony- For those of you who don't know, there was a colony established by the English here in the late 1500s. You may not have heard of Roanoke, but that is because no one is exactly sure what happened to it. There is this whole story and theory explained in the play. It's the longest running outdoor play and has even won a Tony. You really have to see it.
So there you go. My top 5 things to do here in the OBX. I hope this gave you ideas and makes for some family fun.