It's that time of year again. Exactly one week from yesterday finals will start and the stress will follow. For some of us stress has already begun. Here are a few weeks to keep yourself healthy and stress-free during finals week.
- Take Breaks
- Make sure you aren't going non-stop. You can't retain anything when your brain is exhausted. Remember to take a couple breaks here and there.
- As a follow up to the last point, your brain retains information better when it is well rested, so NO ALL NIGHTERS. Sleep and let the information you learned absorb.
- Being pent up in a library for hours at a time, snacking is bound to happen, but be sure to keep some healthy snacks on hand. All those snacks can add up.
- Try to get a head start on all of the material you need to study. Don't leave it down to crunch time. That's when studying becomes really stressful.
- Whenever I have to be responsible I like to make lists. To-do lists come in really handy in times like these. Be specific.
- On occasion pamper yourself and take care of yourself. When you feel clean and fresh, you feel more productive.
Okay! So there are a few tips for staying happy-ish for finals week. I hope this helped any of y'all and let me know what destresses y'all in the comments below. I hope you have a wonderful day.