This time of year is one of the most stressful for an Auburn fan. Sure it's near Christmas, which is stressful by itself. And I know that finals are just around the corner, but I am talking about something much bigger than all that. The Iron Bowl rivals events such as the Hunger Games. In fact, here are a few way that the Iron Bowl and the Hunger Games are very much the same.
1. The capitol (of Alabama) probably has a law that all Alabama residents must watch it.
2. It's a life or death situation. (or 365 days of bragging rights.)
3. There is a pride that comes with this day.
4. It's the most important day of rivalry week.
5. It has a long history. 122 years to Hunger Games' 75.
(or according to Finnick, 76.)
6. There are some pretty eccentric fans of the iron bowl.
7. Only one comes out.
8. And all the memorable moments.
So those are my thoughts on how very similar the Iron Bowl is to the Hunger Games. Happy Iron Bowl everyone and may the odds be ever in your favor!